Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Frieze Art Fair.



I finally got to Frieze this year. I had been meaning to go for some years and hadn't managed it. Frieze seems to get a lot of hype and I suppose is the main International contemporary art fair here in London.

Perhaps because I had expectations of it, I was a bit disappointed in the actual show. There were some good international galleries showing work that I found a bit different, but lots of work seemed pretty average really.I did like the commissioned project for charity collecting boxes though and the Berlin gallery folk inspired art work. The beautiful paintings with wax surfaces, deer, leaves and gold by Nana Funo caught my imagination and Ricardo Roggan's photographs of pine trees and wooded landscapes.

David Shrigley's cartoon style work had a whole space and he was on the stand doing hand drawn tattoos for visitors when I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment