Monday, September 20, 2010

Prince Charles" Garden Party to Make a Difference"



I had seen the event at Clarence House advertised for a few days before deciding to go on a day when there was to be an ethical fashion show at St James Palace (on the same site).

I hadn't been there before and didn't know that Clarence House, Marlborough House, Lancaster House and St James's palace were all on the same site, just across from Buckingham Palace. Actually I have never been to the openings of Buckingham Palace and only went to look at the Palace on a trip when I was about 12 years old.

It was the ecological theme that drew me to "The Garden Party to Make a Difference." Though I was curious when I went there to see Prince Charles vegetable patch and gardens. Actually there were some inventive containers for the fruit and veg.


There were marquees and displays set up across the gardens and all along various walkways and quite a few people looking around. I don't know if it will make a difference, but maybe it will to a few people.

The fashion show had a celebrity front row, not that I am good at spotting celebrities either!
But I did recognise Boris Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment