Monday, November 17, 2008

Urban Jungle private view.






Last week Thursday 13th, was the private view of the exhibition Urban Jungle. It was a bit of a wet blustery night but inside was warm and welcoming. The exhibition looked good, a range of work prints, painting, photography and group pieces. I was particularly happy because the theme was trees which gave a particular energy and feel to the exhibition.
Children from Dance Explosion performed during the evening.



Katja, our great organizer met me with the news that I had sold my work which was great. There was a good attendance and quite a lot of work sold on the evening raising £1110 for Trees for Cities. I like Dean Reddick's painted plaster "Birch Landscape" and Naomi Mcllroy's stoneware ceramic tree plaques.Sieglinde Diabel's lovely "Laughing Tree of Life had me smiling and Amanda Taylor's linoprint "Roots" was vibrant and full of energy. Pirasteh Gourang's "Hampstead Heath" had a sense of the silent majesty of the trees and Jo Perkin's "Urban Drifters" was witty and colourful.

No comments:

Post a Comment