Friday, August 01, 2008

New work and E17 Designers fair, Lloyd Park



I carried on with more of my small paintings, a secondary theme of butterflies emerging as I was painting. Some of the images, like the Buddha with butterflies I will develop as a larger painting and the unicorn too.

E17 Designers were part of the Green Fair and new symphony inspired by work by William Morris at Lloyd and Avelling park in Walthamstow a short while ago. We were lucky with the weather, in that it only rained for moments, though it was very cold for July! It probably wasn't the best idea by the council to split the events so distinctly across the parks, but we had a fair number of visitors to our stalls. I am trying out new ranges of prints and ideas for these events, and it's good to get feedback from the public, and that a number of people recognised my work from local exhibitions.



There was an exhibition of art work in the theatre and these fish on the windows threw out lovely reflections on the corridor.


No comments:

Post a Comment