Monday, August 18, 2008

Butterfly house, Natural History Museum,


With the butterfly theme going on in some of my recent work, I managed to get along to the temporary butterfly house they had in the front of the Natural History Museum. It was a wet day, as it seems a lot have been this summer again, and the outdoor maze was full of puddles, which the young children seemed to be enjoying. It was a bit of a squeeze inside but there is something quite magical about seeing butteflies flying overhead and settling close to you.

I do remember back in my childhood, the sheer amount of butterflies that I used to see in scrubby grass land and gorse banks, literally hundreds sometimes. Now I am excited if I see one or two in the garden. .The Butterfly Conservation society helps protect some of their habitats.

No comments:

Post a Comment