Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Open Studios





It's been a full on few weeks preparing for the Open Studios and my exhibition at the Changing Room Gallery. In the studio it meant moving a lot of stuff with help from friends, to make a bit of a clear space for people to get in!
Then more friends to help hang some work. I find it quite a challenge deciding which work to show, particularly as I have been working in a variety of styles and mediums. In the end I had a section on photography, including some urban images and a painting section, including my recent Buddhist paintings.
Birds have been following my tree themes and one of the paintings is of the Buddha under a tree filled with birds. There were also three tree paintings, originally started when I was in the wood on retreat at the Seekers Trust earlier in the year.
I share the studio with my friend Amitajyoti, and we were busy all the time in our open studio, people interested in the work and Buddhism.

No comments:

Post a Comment