Monday, May 21, 2007

Buddhist graffiti

Walking along Old street I spotted this graffiti on some hoardings. I looked twice, is that a mantra syllable ? It seemed a bit surreal on this busy London street, but if any one is to spray paint on the walls, I think I prefer a mantra to Avalokiteshvara than some obscene language. But then I am still in the realms of duality!



There is a good artists bookshop on Pitfield street near there bookartbookshop I like to go and have a look around. There are so many styles of artist's books and I always come away with some inspiration, and sometimes a very cheap book.

I have been busy helping out for my friend's ordination, this included making special shrines for her private and public ordinations. Funnily enough after being caught up in the world of trees, for my main site's new section, Small trees arrived on the shrines. Very beautiful they looked too, lit up with lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment