Friday, June 02, 2006

Chelsea Flower Show

I was lucky enough to have a ticket to Chelsea Flower Show on Saturday. It was lovely to be there, the rain held off while I was there, with my sister and daughter. We were early enough to get to the front of the show gardens and the Daily Telegraph Garden, which won best in show, was really lovely. The planting of Iris and purple and white flowers gave the garden a certain spiritual air, very uplifting and serene at the same time. I took some photos with both the digital and SLR cameras. A couple of digital pics are below.



Perhaps it was the contrast from fairly cold, wet weather or the busy London streets, or the fact that I haven’t been in the countryside for a while, but I felt myself drinking in all the colour and beauty of the plants and flowers. A real tonic. As my sister said there’s something about being surrounded by beauty everywhere, highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment